Complaints About Yaz
Complaints about Yaz and similar drospirenone birth control pills (Yasmin, known generically as Ocella) have involved a number of serious health complications that have been caused by this medication. In the worst cases, Yaz birth control has been reported to cause irreversible damage, including death.
Women who sustain Yaz-related injuries should:
- Seek immediate medical care and follow through with all prescribed treatments for the best chances of recovery
- File a patient report with the FDA (The more patient reports filed, the more likely the FDA may issue a recall and, as a result, save other women from incurring these serious injuries)
- Consult with a highly trained Yaz defective drug lawyer to get expert advice on how to proceed with their claim
Yaz Issues & Complaints
The issues and complaints associated with Yaz have been focused on the following health complications that patients have developed after taking this contraceptive medication:
- Blood clots
- Breast lumps
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Gallbladder disease
- Heart attack
- Kidney disease
- Liver damage
- Pulmonary embolism (PE)
Without immediate treatment, all of these conditions can be fatal. In most cases, Yaz side effects will require expensive treatments, such as surgery, physical therapy and lifestyle changes (i.e. eating a low-fat, heart-healthy diet and exercising regularly and more often).
In October 2009, Bayer HealthCare announced that it was battling 129 lawsuits regarding severe Yaz side effects. The controversies that have sparked such litigation include accusations that Bayer:
- Overstated the uses of Yaz
- Failed to conduct sufficient research to investigate Yaz side effects
- Failed to adequately warn patients about Yaz side effects
- Failed to pull Yaz from the market when it became aware of the potential of fatality associated with Yaz
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of taking Yaz birth control, you may qualify to seek and recover compensation for your injuries and losses. To find out if you are eligible to file a legal claim, contact our law offices today.